Saturday 29 December 2012

Zero hour.......

I am away!! This post sees me currently sitting in Auckland airport, New Zealand with part one of my travel legs complete. A short three hours on the plane bought me from lovely (cold!!) Melbourne to sunny (warm) Auckland where I lost my second bottle of water going through security again (!!) and am waiting for my next flight. Surprisingly my bags were under weight restrictions - 21 and 22 kgs actually (the limit was 23kgs!!) Ok, they were not light but they WERE under!!! (I also did post a box to myself and am carrying two bags on the plane...I'm going for 12 months people!!) ;-D

A few funny things I have come across on my short travels so far......

* Air New Zealand have an AWESOME safety flight message recorded that is shown during pre-flight. Instead of the attendants doing the demo, you watch a video on your screen. This video is filled with a Middle Earth theme! That's right, there are elves, hobbits and other middle earth creatures throughout the video. Very funny watching an Ork work an iPad!! Peter Jackson makes an appearance, as does some of the Hobbit stars. Very funny and cool!!

* Flicking through the tv shows available, I was thrilled to see the Axis of Awesome show listed - I went to high school with one of these guys and have seen them live at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. They are extremely funny (although kids they use language so please beware!!) and I spent a good hour watching their Sydney show trying not to laugh too loudly in the plane! Best part - the show finished with their 4 chords song which is my favourite. YouTube it - Axis of Awesome '4 chord song'. It is fantastic :-) It was awesome to see Lee on my airplane screen!!!

* Yes, that's right - I lost TWO bottles of water! You would think I would remember after I had to throw one out at Melbourne airport, but no - I bought another and forgot to drink it all on the flight so when I went to go through security again in NZ I had to throw out that one as well. $5 worth gone in one morning!! I've given up and will take no water on the next flight - I'll just annoy the flight attendants whenever I get thirsty!! ;-)

* I arrived at Auckland airport, went through security and checked the departure board to find my gate. It gave me a real smile when I found my flight number - next to it under 'Flight Status' was listed RELAX. How cool is that!!! So that is where I am now - relaxing in a chair and contemplating whether to have dinner or wait a little bit longer.

I am stoked to be beginning my adventures today - another hour and and I will be boarding my next plane to LA!! Colorado here I come :-D

Best wishes to all!
Keep smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Its so cool that you do this so smoothly and with so little fuss. Me? I'd be headless chooking all over the joint - where's my gate? is that my flight number? OMG an hour before I get on, does that give me enough time to find a loo and get back in time?..what if I get lost??...what if I get on the wrong flight??? What if I don't get off at the right stop???? Oh, hang on....thats me on a train! I am very impressed :) Glad everything is flowing so well for you. Best wishes! Ellyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ending up on a train - that just makes it more of an adventure!! hehehe :-)

      Delete